MALLPARK app is the result of my efforts while working on the capstone project for UX Design Certificate at Springboard. I followed my design process to achieve the right balance between emotion and logic through empathy and designed this app after thorough research, effective collaboration and iterations.
THE IDEA –
Parking is often the first touch point of a person with the business. What if there was a way to check how much parking space is available inside gated parking lots of malls and maybe book them in advance?
THE APP FOCUSES ON –
- Enhancing the shopper’s experience with the mall by making her/his visit enjoyable even before she/he parks the car.
- Making vehicle parking in shopping malls less frustrating for shoppers.
HOW WILL MY APP SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
It can provide real time update of the available parking in major shopping complexes in Toronto and GTA through this:
- One can make decisions about which shopping complex to drive to based on parking availability. Whether to consider an alternative of a cab or taking the public transit can be decided upon.
- Help regulate traffic during peak hours.
- Lets users reserve parking spots inside gated parking areas.
- Reduce time of hovering over in a parking lot by early decision-making based on notifications.
- Help make unused parking areas usable by suggesting drivers about the alternative.
Here is the making…